This months issue of Paradise News features an article by our very own VP Rick Gilbert! Check out "Florida Needs to Get Solar Serious!" starting on page 20...
A few highlights:
- Florida passed net metering laws in 2008, but since then, the energy policy picture has been grim.
- Investor Owned Utilities dominate the energy market through regulated monopolies.
- Florida does not allow "leasing" or rent-to-own solar concepts, as does over 20 other states.
- Florida does not have a target for renewable energy, as does over 30 other states.
- Floridians need to speak up and let their lawmakers know they want stronger incentives for solar energy in Florida.